There are only a few cars that are a part of the “over 500 horsepower” club. General Motors adds the Chevy Camaro to the list as Michigan Chevrolet dealers may see the muscle car in 2012.
DETROIT, M.I. – Michigan Chevrolet dealers may have seen the unveiling of the all-new 2012 Camaro ZL1 back in February as it was officially seen at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show. The model powered 550 horsepower, which was then equivalent to the Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500.
Less than a week ago, General Motors brought an even more powerful 2012 Camaro ZL1 to the industry as the newest member of the family reaches 580 horsepower, surpassing the Mustang quickly. With the Camaro and Mustang competition that has always been strong, it seems now the Camaro has taken the edge over the Mustang.
“Camaro ZL1 is about high-tech performance and design, and is a type of car no one has ever brought to this segment previously,” said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing to MotorTrend. “It’s the most technically advanced Camaro ever, so we’ve chosen a name from the most elite and exclusive Camaro in history.”
There are only a unique set of vehicles that have made it past 500 horsepower, Michigan Chevrolet dealers have seen General Motors add new cars to the list.
Other members of the “over 500 horsepower” club include the following (with prices):
- 505 horsepower: 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: $75,525
- 638 horsepower: 2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1: $111,525
- 550 horsepower: 2011 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500: $48,645
- 556 horsepower: 2012 Cadillac CTS-V: $63,215
- 500 horsepower: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo: $137,500
- 555 horsepower: 2012 BMW X5 M: $86,400
- 530 horsepower: 2012 Nissan GT-R: $89,950
- 563 horsepower: 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: $187,725
- 552 horsepower: 2012 Lexus LFA: $375,000
It may be noticed that of this list, there is only one vehicle that moves faster than 580 horsepower. This may be a testimony to the design of the all-new 2012 Camaro ZL1.
Michigan Chevrolet dealers may have…