The quality of life starts to improve by experiencing positive energy and harmony in our lives. Doing things we love, adding variety, passionate living, selfless love, ‘can-do’ attitude – all go a long way in making your life a truly delightful journey. Here are 10 tips for living radiantly alive each day of your life.
1. Set goals: Imagine what is possible. Dream big. Do not let ‘reality’ stand in your way when you start. Later begin to refine the goals, making them lofty yet possible (in your mind). Write them out – in present tense and in the positive (what I do want rather than what I don’t want). ‘I am creating my life, my body and our world to be radiantly alive.’
2. Don’t tox: While the word ‘detox’ had become a common part of our language, and it gets a lot of press, equally or more important is the flip side of that: don’t put the toxins in to start with. It saves a lot of time and energy to simply be more discerning about what we put into ourselves (food, skin products, the air we breathe, fabrics, media).
3. Move: While it’s nearly absurdly obvious, and we all know it, moving the body is so hugely important it must be on our list. Brain function, memory, mood, energy, immunity, sleep and general health – exercise may be the one most important thing we can do for these. Yoga, dance, tai chi, walking; while the effects vary, anything is better than nothing.
4. Live your passion: Life is too precious to spend any significant amount of time and energy devoted to do anything less than what we love. It’s possible to invest ourselves into what turns us on and what energizes us, the kind of activities (vocation or avocation) where we are not watching the clock. Adding an element of service, aka “karma yoga,” where what we are into also benefits the world somehow, adds another degree of satisfaction and happiness.
5. Get grateful: By actively engaging in a shift about how we perceive our life – how we actively recognize small…